April 05, 2007

I thought we were in the clear...

We woke up this morning to no school, electricity knocked out, and this:

It's not that surprising, really. There is a saying around here. "If you don't like the weather in New England...wait a minute."
It's not unheard of to have snow in April. One year we had blizzard conditions and a foot or so of snow on April Fool's Day!
We just spent the past weekend raking the yard and getting it all neat and tidy, and now you can't even see all our effort and hard work!!

Ah well, seeing as we had no power for coffee making of our own, a trip to our favorite cafe, BeanTowne was in order. This place is great, and my son loved it. He wants to go there every day! I got the most DELISH (and definitely not on my eating plan) Mocha Latte. Complete with a little cocoa powder star on top. Tres Cool!!

By the time we got back home, the power had come back on, and my son and I have been having a lazy day. It's not so bad. We got to spend time together, just us, hanging out doing "a whole bunch of nuthin'" and enjoying each other's company. I can't imagine that someday soon, on days like this, it will be so uncool to hang with mom.

It's coming down again as I type, and it just occurred to me.
Snow days are not so bad at all.

3 comments:

Erin D. said...

Such beautiful pictures! :O)

Ya, we had snow here too before and on easter, ugh! It is supposed to be cold pretty much the whole month here in Pittsburgh, don't know where spring went!

Glad you had a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are unbelievable.
I'm impressed. They would be so
beautiful blown up and framed.

Anonymous said...

Well said.