June 04, 2007

New Stuff!!

I have always had a kind of decorating identity crisis. Deciding on a style is like picking a favorite family member...it can't be done! I like too many different types of stuff. Modern stuff, antique stuff, shabby stuff, shiny stuff...you get the idea.
So, once I finished painting the living room, the search was on for pillows and curtains. Picking colors and knowing what "goes" with what is not my strong suit. (This affliction crosses over into my clothes closet, too. I could be a prime candidate on "What Not To Wear". Stacy and Clinton would kick my ass!! )
Back to the pillows and such...I looked and looked forever. I wish I could sew my own custom made things, but my knowledge of how to operate a sewing machine got left behind at Hunking Middle School 8th grade Home Ec class.

I found these beauties at TJ Maxx.

Silk -(with a 9 year old boy, a husband and 2 cats) am I crazy?? LOL
Blue is not something I would have ever chosen but it looks so pretty against the new gold in my wall color, and it's the color of a Tiffany box- big thumbs up. I have a gorgeous curtain rod with pretty finials and such, but it needs to be spray painted. Once I figure out how to do that without spraying paint all over myself, I will post hanging curtain pictures!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Lea! Those colors are beautiful.

I know exactly what you mean about style. I would be happy with three houses each decorated differently.

I, also, have the same color challenges. I return alot of stuff that I'm sure, at the time, will be perfect.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope it stops raining so you can paint the drapery rod.

Elaine aka starz

Erin D. said...

GORGEOUS!!!! :O)

I love light blue and brown together, such a pretty color combo!

Ya, me too, although I am pretty stuck on my decorating style and colors, there are other styles and colors I love too and could see having in other houses.

I actually love putting color together, one of my favorite things to do!

That is going to look so very lovely in your living room I can't wait to see pics too! The silk is so luxurious, I love that!

Shiny things make me happy! :OP

http://thehappyhousewifedecoratingadventures.blogspot.com/